Welcome to Coastal Marine Electronics!!
Barton Marine Laser Replica 15:1 Boom Vang Assembly f/Laser Dinghy
Laser Replica 15:1 Boom Vang Assembly f/Laser Dinghy
The Barton boom vang assembly gives all the advantages of systems costing twice the price. 15:1 purchase is achieved through clever design of the base plate, fitted with the unique Barton swivelling triple cam block. It is simple to fit and easy to use.
- Barton base plate, Spectro anodised aluminium with three fixing bolts
- 00 931 Series 0 triple, swivel, cam block attached to base plate by shackle
- 00 110 Series 0 single fixed eye block attached to base plate by shackle
- 00 211 Series 0 double block with becket
- 01 091 Series 1 single tang block with becket and curved kicker key for boom
- 1.2m x 4mm dyneema for primary red control line
- 3m x 4mm line for secondary red control line
Drill out the kicker mast tang attachment hole to 6mm, fit the base plate to the tang using the centre locating bolt and nut making sure that the triple swivel block is located lowest as per left photograph above. Locate the curved kicker key fitted to the single tang block into the boom fitting as per right photograph. Tie a loop or a series of knots into the secondary red control line to suit your preference for ease of use.
Barton fittings are high quality replacements that perform the same function as the original part. They should not be confused with official parts bearing the Laser® registered trademark. They cannot be used if you are sailing at an Association event. However, they are perfect for social sailing, sailing schools, club sailing or training. Laser® is a registered trademark owned by Velum Limited and currently licensed for use in Europe to Laser Performance (Europe) Limited.
Barton Marine Equipment Limited is fully independent of both Laser Performance (Europe) Limited and Velum Limited.